Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The blog of my life!

Hello everyone!  I have now engaged in this blog thing.  Something I never thought I would do.  I don't have time to sit and read blogs, nor do I waste time tweeting my every move.  But I have been prompted to share my life experiences and the experiences of those I minister to in hopes that someone might read it and relate to the struggles, sorrows, or joys that life can bring. 

I do not claim to be a great writer, so I will apologize now for grammatical errors I will make.  I am not a licensed Minister, Counselor, or Psychologist.  So I will not be giving advice I can't back up.  I am however, a fourty something year old woman with life experiences, lessons learned, and hardships conquered all with the guiding hand of my Heavenly Father.  I am on a continual journey to be obedient to His leading.

You may not be interested in what I have to say or you may be bored with my post.  But if you start reading and something inside you takes hold of the words from these blogs, then erase your mind from everything else and let the Holy Spirit speak to your heart.  It may just be the words you need to hear to get you through a rough time.  It may be the words you need to help with someone else.  It may be the words you need to celebrate what Christ has done in someone's life. 

I will blog weekly with experiences from the past that God inspires me to write about or things happening right now that I feel humbled to share.  I encourage you to register and comment as you feel led.  Share your thoughts and stories with me that are similar to those I share.  Let me know how God is working through you.

As Christians, we need the love, support, encouragement, and even the rebuke of other Christ followers.  Paul's words to Timothy are so important for us today, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction." 2 Timothy 4:2

His Humble Servant,

Angie Burkeen
Esther's Closet Ministry
503 Main Street
Cumberland,  KY  40823
http://www.club180ministry.com/
http://www.estherscloset.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment